Women in Data Science (WiDS) elevates women in the field by providing inspiration, education, community, and support. WiDS started as a one-day technical conference at Stanford in November 2015. Seven years later, WiDS is a global movement that includes a number of worldwide initiatives:
- A conference with nearly 200 regional events worldwide in more than 50 countries, reaching 100,000 participants annually.
- A datathon, encouraging participants to hone their skills using a social impact challenge.
- A podcast series, featuring data science leaders from around the world talking about their work, their journeys, and lessons learned along the way.
- An education outreach program to encourage secondary school students to consider careers in data science, artificial intelligence (AI), and related fields.
- A workshop series to build your data science skills, inspiring women and girls with role model instructors.