Software Engineer, Full Time
Join CapeStart. Make an Impact.
From software development to service management solutions, that’s what “CapeStars” do. The world’s brightest technology minds come to CapeStart to research and develop technology and solutions that impacts a number of businesses around the world. We serve a large portfolio of customers in the U.S. ranging from but not limited to industries like Telecom, Marketing, Pharmaceuticals and Data analytics. We enable our clients to outpace the competition and stay ahead of the innovation curve. Using our unique, streamlined software development process – CA.P.E. – Customer Analysis, Plan and Execute, we are able to deliver high quality solutions on time and on budget with minimal specifications. We have the deep technological expertise, proven track record and unique methodology to build products successfully.
We are cool, enthusiastic and fun-loving professionals with teams in the U.S. and in Nagercoil, India. Our founder Gaugarin Oliver hails from Kanyakumari district and is now a U.S. entrepreneur who has successfully managed to take three startup companies and two new business initiatives to market. Gaugarin has overcome the challenges of running operations in a small town like Nagercoil and has blended the U.S. standards with native talents for a successful company. Gaugarin was the founder of RedEgg (now part of Nasdaq’s 250 plus operations in Nagercoil). Besides being the Chairman at CapeStart, Gaugarin is also the CEO of FullIntel, Former President at TIE-Boston and Chairman of OliverG Foundation. He was also the VP – Global Head of PR Services at NASDAQ and Thomson Reuters.
CapeStart is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace offering employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. CapeStart is already about 150 employees strong and looking for qualified people to join us in our path to becoming a 1,000 employee organization.
We have immediate openings for full-time midlevel (2 plus years experience) & senior level (5 plus years experience) JAVA developers. The successful candidate should be an over-achiever looking for an opportunity to build on existing technologies and help integrate new ones. Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of researchers and developers.
“Cultivate your expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals to make an impact.”
Bachelors / Masters Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 2+/5+ years experience
What we’re looking for:
- 2+/5+ years experience in JAVA/Android development
- Commanding grasp of JAVA or any other high-level programming language (e.g. PHP, .Net, Python, nodejs etc.)
- Good Knowledge in object oriented principles, design patterns, MVC, ORM
- Understanding of frameworks like hibernate, spring, play framework etc.
- Good knowledge of relational databases like Oracle, MySql, PostgreSQL etc.
- Experience in developing RESTful web services
- Experience in automation and build tools
- Experience in unit testing and automated testing frameworks
- Experience in Agile/Scrum
We’d love to see (Nice to have):
- Knowledge in Mobile application development
- Knowledge in NoSQL technologies like mongodb, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Couchbase etc.
- Knowledge of version control tools (like git, SVN, MKS, Rational ClearCase etc)
As a company, we’re committed to giving back to the communities we live in. In joining our team, you’ll relish a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing company.
And that’s not all. We also have comprehensive fun perks like:
- Full time access to our fitness centre
- Endless company sponsored events and tournaments
Show us your stuff!
Provide us with information you feel would be useful to us in gaining a better understanding of your technical your background and accomplishments. Links to GitHub, personal web pages, applications etc. are exceptionally useful. We especially appreciate pointers to open source projects of which you are particularly proud of.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Consider the below given points while applying
- Resume in MS Word or PDF format as an attachment to the email
- Cover letter in the Body of the email mentioning what position you are applying for and why you should be considered
- Subject of the email mentioning job you are applying for.